SoftPro Select 4.0 Edition System Requirements
SoftPro Select is a multi-tiered application consisting of:
a. SoftPro Select NT Services - The Select Server & Hosting Service, managed by the Select Administrative
Console & Service.
b. A Database Server that runs on Microsoft SQL Server.
c. The Select Client (production application).
The resource requirements stated below are the minimum amounts of resources required to run our applications.
Allocating more memory / processor / disk input output will improve software performance, especially when
working with multiple files or applications at once. **Please note that these requirements are in addition to the
resource requirements of your operating system and other applications running on the machine that our
components are being installed on.
Based on the above configuration, customers can expect to support 35 concurrent users. This number will be specific to each organization because additional applications (such as Microsoft Office applications) provided by the same hardware will lower the number of supported users per Terminal Server.
NOTICE: These specifications, requirements and recommendations are subject to change without notice.
- Database server can be installed on the same machine as the SoftPro Select Services, but is not recommended for more than 25 users. A Windows domain is required if the database server is located on a separate machine.
- Microsoft SQL Server should not be installed on an Active Directory Domain Controller. Microsoft recommends against this configuration for security and performance considerations. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2032911
- Developers can install all three tiers on a single development machine that meets the Select Client Desktop requirements.
- Data "at rest" can be encrypted using SQL Server's Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) feature. This feature is available in SQL Server Enterprise 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014.
- Internet access and Internet Explorer 6 or higher is necessary on the client to view the Start Page.
- Crystal Reports XI, Standard Edition or higher is necessary to create custom reports.
- Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, or 2010 is necessary to create custom ReadyDocs.
* Support for Windows XP and SQL Server 2005 will be dropped with the release of SoftPro Select 4.1. Microsoft ends extended support for XP on 4/8/2014 and will no longer provide security updates for XP after this date.