SoftPro Select 2.X Edition System Requirements
SoftPro Select is a multi-tiered application consisting of:
a. SoftPro Select NT Services - The Select Server & Hosting Service, managed by the Select Administrative
Console & Service.
b. A Database Server that runs on Microsoft SQL Server.
c. The Select Client (production application).
The resource requirements stated below are the minimum amounts of resources required to run our applications.
Allocating more memory / processor / disk input output will improve software performance, especially when
working with multiple files or applications at once. **Please note that these requirements are in addition to the
resource requirements of your operating system and other applications running on the machine that our
components are being installed on.
Based on the above configuration, customers can expect to support 35 concurrent users. This number will be specific to each organization and additional applications that are provided by the same hardware will lower the number of supported users per terminal server. Many operations provide Microsoft Office applications and Internet Explorer that will ultimately lower the number of users that can be supported on a single piece of hardware.
NOTICE: These specifications, requirements and recommendations are subject to change without notice.
1. For standalone installations, please combine the resource requirements for the Client, Database Server, and Select NT Services.
2. Due to Microsoft Windows User Authentication Restrictions, Windows Operating Systems in a Workgroup environment requires all Select NT Services and SQL database services to be hosted on one machine.
3. Memory allocations required are physical, non-paged.
4. SoftPro Select does not support Itanium Processor (IA) based systems.
5. SQL 2005 / 2008 Express are freely distributable versions of Microsoft SQL Server with inherent resource limitations.
For additional detail, please consult the following links to Microsoft's website for their limitations and resource requirements for all the different editions of SQL server:
a. Compare SQL 2005 Edition Features:
SQL 2005 Edition Resource Requirements:
b. Compare SQL 2008 Edition Features:
SQL 2008 Edition Resource Requirements:
6. For network environments supporting more than 5 users, consult your network technician and SoftPro for additional recommendations.
• Network Support Requirement: Microsoft Windows, Internet Access and Internet Explorer 6 or higher for the
Select Start Page.
• The SoftPro Select client cannot connect to the Select Server and database over a WAN or VPN connection.
• Internet Explorer or other web browser for access to SoftPro website
• Crystal Reports XI, Standard Edition – Necessary to create customized reports.
• Microsoft Word 2000 / 2002 / 2003 / 2007 – Necessary to create custom ReadyDocs